10.30.2011

EXTRACTION III




Okay, so lately I have been hitting Sage Vegan Bistro often. That's what happens when you get injured and can't cook for yourself. Anyway, I came upon this amazing vegan creation by accident. This is the last thing I would have ever ordered on the Sage menu. I am not a big fan of foods that imitate the very foods I no longer eat. Even when I used to eat meat, I would rarely be tempted to order a bacon chili cheeseburger. Well, the waiter at Sage gave me the wrong order. I had ordered their Chipotle Burger and got this instead. As I was eating it I wondered why it tasted so much like a Tommy's Chili Cheeseburger. It did not taste like chipotle at all. I was so hungry that I didn't really think about it much longer until I got the check and realized I had eaten a Bacon Chili Cheeseburger, vegan of course. Well, it was a good thing the waiter made this mistake because I would have probably never ordered this. It was one great meal, like a Tommy's Chili Cheeseburger minus the bloating, acid reflux, flatulence, saturated fat, salt, and guilt.

Here's what's in the burger: tempeh bacon, homemade black bean chili, harissa, and sundried tomato cashew cheese, white bean and roasted pepper patty, homemade spicy dill pickles, lettuce, heirloom tomato, red onion, and garlic aioli.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿